2020 BCMA Conference - Call for Proposals
Thank you for your interest in submitting a presentation proposal for the BC Museums Association Conference taking place October 4 - 6, 2020 at the Civic Hotel in Surrey. The BCMA 2020 Conference theme Stronger Together: Resilience, Collaboration, and Inclusion in a Changing World acknowledges the challenges of our time and how the culture and heritage sector is facing those by generating ideas for action, planning for equality and accessibility, making positive social impacts in our communities and coming up with strategies for creating spaces of activism and action.
Please complete the form below to submit your proposal. All required fields are marked with an * asterisk.
Presenter Submission Guidelines:
Please read and familiarize yourself with the presenter guidelines.
- When completing this form, we recommend that you complete the information in a separate word processing program and then paste your responses into this form. This form does not allow for saving and returning to the form at a later date.
- The theme for this year’s conference is: Stronger Together: Resilience, Collaboration, and Inclusion in a Changing World
- Proposed sessions should focus on practice and on topics of interest to the museum, gallery, archive, library, history and heritage sector.
- You may submit more than one proposal using this form (refresh the page to clear the form).
- Presentations and Workshops are 45 mins from start to finish. Ask the Expert Session and Deep Dives are 120 mins in duration.
- Panel presentations are acceptable.This form allows a maximum of three uploads and/or inputs per submission.
- The AV supplied in each meeting room includes: a laptop computer with sound for video, LCD projector and screen, microphones for presenter and panel, and flipchart with paper with markers. No other AV will be supplied.
- All presentations must use the laptop supplied onsite. The use of personal laptops for presentations is not permitted during the conference.
- Presenters are responsible for supplying any materials or handouts associated with the presentation.
- Presentation materials must be submitted in PowerPoint format by August 28, 2020. No other format will be accepted.
- Discounted registration will be provided to accepted presenters if registration is completed and paid for prior to the registration early bird deadline of June 30, 2020.
- Presenters are responsible for their own transportation and accommodation. Presenter fees and/or honorariums are not provided. Please see the BC Museums Association website for available bursaries.
Important Timeline Information:
- May 1, 2020 – Deadline for proposal submissions
- June 5, 2020 – Notification of accepted proposals will be issued
- June 30, 2020 - Deadline for presenters to receive a discounted registration rate. After this date, regular fees apply.
- August 28, 2020 – Deadline for presenters to submit their PowerPoint presentations to BCMA
For more information, please visit: http://museumsassn.bc.ca/conferences/current-conference/
Questions? We invite you to connect with us by phone 250-356-5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ideas for proposals.